- How long can a well-installed epoxy flooring system last?What most people don’t know about epoxy flooring is that it is able to last decades if they have been professionally installed and properly maintained. When you have your epoxy flooring system installed professionally the materials and techniques that are used are going to be well above average so you won’t have to worry about your epoxy flooring become unbonded or chipping off of the concrete slab. A well-installed epoxy flooring system is one of the best investments you can make for your home or business as you can expect your epoxy flooring to last well over 20 years with cases of some epoxy flooring systems lasting well over 30 years!
- What are the benefits of Garage Epoxy Flooring?Epoxy flooring is rapidly becoming one of the most popular garage floor coatings for good reason. There are so many benefits that an epoxy garage floor coatings can bring to the garage that it may seem that epoxy flooring was made to be put into the garage! An epoxy flooring system can bring superior chemical resistance and unmatched durability into the garage so you don’t have to worry about anything causing damage to your valuable concrete slab. Garage floor epoxy has even been tested and proven to make the garage up to 300 percent brighter without additional lighting sources thanks to its efficient light reflection.
- Where can epoxy flooring be applied?Epoxy flooring has made a name for itself with its ability to be placed in nearly all areas that are indoors. Epoxy flooring can be installed anywhere you have concrete or anywhere that concrete can be installed. Where epoxy flooring thrives the most is either in the commercial and industrial setting or in most garages. No matter where you choose to install an epoxy flooring system. you will be investing in flooring that is able to take whatever life can throw at it without flinching, so don’t be afraid to place it wherever you need flooring!
- Why is epoxy flooring better than traditional concrete flooringThe age-old argument of epoxy flooring vs traditional concrete flooring has gone on for far too long in our opinion. When using a traditional concrete flooring system such as a polished concrete system, you should expect your concrete slab to be about as strong as a bare concrete slab. With an epoxy flooring system in place, you can expect your concrete slab to become much stronger than before. Epoxy flooring has actually been tested and proven to make the existing concrete slab at least 200 percent stronger than a polished concrete flooring system. If you have performance in mind, you need an epoxy flooring system.
- How long does it take to install a garage epoxy floor?One of the best traits of epoxy flooring is how rapidly it is able to be installed. This is because the actual epoxy resin has a set time that it has before it is unable to be used anymore once it has been mixed with the hardener. You can expect an area the size of a two car garage to be completed in under 5 days in most cases. Remember, after the final coat of epoxy has been applied on the flooring, it will take at least 24 hours before foot traffic is permitted on the flooring and at least 72 hours must pass before the flooring is rated for vehicle traffic.
- What are the different types of epoxy flooring?Truth be told, there is a type of epoxy flooring for any area or scenario that the flooring solution is going to be placed in. There is the metallic epoxy flooring, commercial/ industrial epoxy flooring, and of course the garage floor epoxy but that’s only the tip of the iceberg! We can install an epoxy flooring system in your home or facility no matter what the circumstances are with a specialized epoxy coating like the anti-static epoxy or the vapor guard epoxy system. All of our epoxy systems use the 100 percent solid epoxy system, so they are rated for whatever life can throw at them and then some.
- Are epoxy floors slippery?The misconception that epoxy flooring is slippery is actually very common but, it is also very false. This myth comes epoxy floorings shiny and seamless appearance that looks very slick, especially when in exposure to light. Epoxy flooring is actually very grippy and can actually be altered to make the flooring system provide even more traction. We offer an additive that is placed in the epoxy flooring final coat that looks like salt that will provide even more traction to the flooring system. Even when the flooring becomes wet this additive will supply traction so you won’t slip or fall!
- What is the maintenance like for an epoxy floor?While the maintenance on epoxy flooring is very simplistic, it is crucial to how long your flooring is going to last overall. Since there are no waxes or polishes involved in the maintenance of epoxy flooring, there is a good chance you already have all that you need to complete this process! All you need to clean off all loose debris on the flooring is a soft bristle broom or a dust mop. Once all foreign objects have been removed from the flooring, all you need to do is wash the flooring down with a standard wet mop to finish the job! Follow this process at least twice a week and you’re on your way to a long lasting epoxy flooring system.
- Are epoxy floors good for commercial settings?The epoxy flooring system was actually invented to be placed into commercial and industrial facilities, so yes they are great for commercial use! Epoxy flooring is one of the few flooring systems that have been approved by the USDA for use in facilities that handle food and even for the medical field. This is because epoxy flooring offers a supremely hygienic surface that won’t become damaged from the constant wear and tear that hospitals or food and beverage facilities have to endure on a daily basis. Epoxy flooring can even be customized in a way that can make warehouses more efficient with the use of stencils to create arrows, barrier, and walkways.
- Are epoxy floors good for residential settings?
Slowly but surely, epoxy flooring is becoming one of the most popular flooring options for the residential setting and even directly competing with top materials such as hardwood and tile. This is because of the appeal of epoxy flooring and the long lifetime of epoxy flooring. The metallic epoxy flooring system is one of the most unique flooring systems that are available as they can mimic the appearance of a lava flow, a cloudy day and can even look like marble. Not to mention the investment as the epoxy floor can add tremendous value to the home and last as long as 30 years!
Epoxy FAQEpoxy San Diego2019-04-30T02:50:58+00:00